Playing at the highest level
If Kawhi Leonard wants to play at his highest level, he should be in a Brooklyn Nets uniform. The Nets are a young team on the rise. Brooklyn has been rebuilding for the past couple of seasons and have the weapons for a high-caliber player to succeed.
More from Nothin' But Nets
- Nets star Mikal Bridges labeled top ‘trade target’ for serious title contender
- LAST CHANCE: Get $2,500 Bonus for Any NBA Draft Bet Before FanDuel Promo Expires Sunday
- Bet365 New Jersey Bonus: Bet $1, Win $200 GUARANTEED on ANY NBA Finals Bet Tonight!
- BetRivers NJ Promo: Bet $500 on the NBA/NHL Finals, Get a Bonus-Bet Refund if You Miss!
- DraftKings New Jersey Promo: Bet $5, Win $150 INSTANTLY on ANY NBA Playoff Game!
Brooklyn does not have players that can compare to Parker and Duncan at the moment. With that other max contract slot, Leonard can recruit that big-ticket player to join him in Brooklyn.
Now, what does Brooklyn have as we speak? Many key role players for Leonard. The Nets have D’Angelo Russell, Kenneth Faried (who can play at the 4 or 5), Caris LeVert and Spencer Dinwiddie. Yes, all those players are up for new contracts in 2019, but are likely to get those.
With all that being said, if Kawhi commits to Brooklyn, a super team can be built.
Brooklyn gives Kawhi the best option to play at his highest level. He would be the main man for Brooklyn and have the huge New York media market eyes on him. If he went to Los Angeles, he would be in LeBron James‘ shadow, still playing a high level, but not as the No. 1 option.
The Western Conference is also the toughest road to a championship today. The Eastern Conference, on the other hand, only has a handful of teams that would give Leonard and the Nets a run for their money.