Kenneth Faried (Power Forward)
Kenneth Faried was acquired by Brooklyn via trade with the Denver Nuggets in mid-July. At first, it looked like there was a good possibility Faried was going to enter a buyout conversation, but it is confirmed he will be a Brooklyn Net next season.
Faried brings a lot of frontcourt depth to Brooklyn at the 4 position. He is a traditional 4 who likes to drive the ball. On the offensive end, he is known for his great play off the pick-and-roll.
More from Nothin' But Nets
- Nets star Mikal Bridges labeled top ‘trade target’ for serious title contender
- LAST CHANCE: Get $2,500 Bonus for Any NBA Draft Bet Before FanDuel Promo Expires Sunday
- Bet365 New Jersey Bonus: Bet $1, Win $200 GUARANTEED on ANY NBA Finals Bet Tonight!
- BetRivers NJ Promo: Bet $500 on the NBA/NHL Finals, Get a Bonus-Bet Refund if You Miss!
- DraftKings New Jersey Promo: Bet $5, Win $150 INSTANTLY on ANY NBA Playoff Game!
Off pick-and-roll plays, Faried expects alley-oop passes or great cut passes, leading to aggressive drives. Faried can shoot well from mid-range as well.
Now, Faried will not be a primary small-ball 4. There is a chance he can start for Brooklyn at the 4,but we wont be seeing him shooting the ball a lot.
The defensive end is where Faried’s impact will be more present. He brings tough defense and is a serious block threat for opposing teams. He is not afraid to meet players at the rim and swat their shots. The power forward is also a great post-up defender, which the Nets needed.
He does not let opposing players get close to the rim and makes them shoot the ball.
Bringing in Faried was a good move for Brooklyn. Yes, Brooklyn got other valuable pieces in the trade such as draft picks and Darrell Arthur, who was traded Friday after to Phoenix for Jared Dudley. Expect Faried to be seeing a good amount of minutes each game for Brooklyn.
He can play many roles for Brooklyn on both ends of the floor.