Efficiency, thy name is Ed Davis.
Davis had one of those stat lines that has become his norm … six points, hit all of his shot attempts, clanked a couple of free throws, grabbed about 8 gazillion rebounds.
OK, so it was only 12, but it was also only in 17 minutes. Davis knows angles off the rim and body positioning so well under the glass that rebounds just find him.
It really is hard to ask much more of a backup center and Davis looked re-energized after getting the night off in Milwaukee on Saturday to get a four-day New Year’s break.
His hands were more secure than they had been of late and he was absolutely locked in on the windows, just a very good night all around.
- Allen Crabbe (sore right knee, 10th straight game missed, 11th overall)
- Treveon Graham (assignment, Long Island Nets, 37th game missed)
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (right adductor strain, 1st game missed, 5th overall)
- Caris LeVert (subtalar dislocation, right foot, 25th straight game missed)
- Dzanan Musa (left shoulder subluxation, 8th straight game missed, 22nd overall)