Rodions Kurucs had the highlight of the night when he put fellow rookie Jaren Jackson Jr. on a poster with a hard drive and a vicious dunk while scoring through contact.
The technical foul call against Kurucs for staring down Jackson after the play — when Jackson wasn’t acknowledging being stared down — was a weak call and really should have been a no-call situation.
But otherwise, Kurucs had a pretty miserable night. Two of his three 3-point attempts were rejected, once by Jackson and one in transition by Marc Gasol, when Kurucs got a steal and tried to hit a home run instead of either pulling it back or going to the rack.
In fairness, he hit a 3-pointer that was erased by an unnecessary foul by Jared Dudley, but one thing for Kurucs to work on in the offseason is getting quicker on the trigger from 3-point range.
Defenses are starting to notice how deliberate Kurucs is on his release and are making an effort to challenge more aggressively, knowing they have extra time to get there while Rodi lines it up.
Treveon Graham returned from a 37-game absence due to a hamstring injury and looked very good defensively and did some nice things on the glass.
He also moved the ball well, which was encouraging considering how long he had been away.
He finally scored his first points as a Brooklyn Net with a 10-foot pull-up jumper with 6:36 to go in the first half, the only one of his four shots that went down.
Still, it was encouraging to see Graham back and his court awareness — considering how different the rotation is from October, when he was hurt — was better than expected.
- Allen Crabbe (right knee soreness, 11th straight game missed, 12th overall)
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (right adductor strain, 2nd straight game missed, 6th overall)
- Caris LeVert (subtalar dislocation, right foot; 26th straight game missed)
- Dzanan Musa (left shoulder subluxation, 9th straight game missed, 23rd overall)
- Theo Pinson (two-way contract, Long Island Nets; 28th game missed)
Did not play
- Kenneth Faried (29th DNP-CD in 39 games dressed)